(For the attention of individuals whose personal information may be collected by this organisation).
Eye Candy Optics Pty Ltd ACN 622 350 574 (“ECO”, “we”, “us”, “our”) respects your privacy and is committed to handling your personal information in accordance with the National Privacy Principles (“NPP”) and the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (the “Act”).
PURPOSE OF THE POLICY
COLLECTION, USE AND DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
How we collect information
We collect your personal information:
1. directly from you;
2. when you deal with us by telephone, letter or email;
3. when you access and interact with the Site; or
4. from other sources.
What information we collect
The information we collect may include your:
3. telephone or mobile number;
4. email address;
5. date of birth;
6. driving licence number; and
7. transaction information (including credit card details).
When you visit the Site, we may record, for statistical purposes or in order to improve the Site or services provided by ECO, the following information:
1. the date and time of your visit;
2. web pages you have accessed;
3. documents you have downloaded;
4. your IP address; and
5. the type of operating system and internet browser you use.
Where it is lawful or practicable to do so, we will provide you with the option of remaining anonymous when dealing with ECO.
Why we collect information
We collect your personal information for the following purposes:
1. to make reservations or make bookings on the Site;
2. to communicate with you to better understand your needs and the needs of our customers through competitions, market research, promotions, featured specials, to conduct surveys or to comply with our legal obligations;
3. to provide you with information about services or products offered by ECO;
4. to monitor or improve the quality and standard of service provided to you or other customers by ECO;
5. to complete a transaction with you or on your behalf;
6. to provide offers that may be of interest to you;
7. to better understand your preferences.
Who we may share your information with
You authorise ECO to share or disclose your personal information with:
1. our related companies;
2. our employees, insurer, third party contractors, agents or to our sponsors on a confidential basis;
3. our business partners, where from time to time, we partner with other companies to provide co-sponsored or co-branded products or services and may share your information with our co-sponsor;
4. our service providers (including service providers that provide web maintenance, billing and booking services);
5. any other person or entity (the “Recipient”) upon the basis that the Recipient may only collect, use or disclose the information for the purpose for which that information was originally collected by ECO
We will otherwise not transfer your personal information, or use, sell or disclose your personal information without your consent, unless:
1. such disclosure is permitted under the Act;
2. we are required by law to disclose that information;
3. we are trying to protect against or prevent actual or potential fraud or unauthorised transactions;
4. we are investigating fraud which we believe may have already taken place.
The Site may contain links to websites that are owned or operated by third parties. You should make your own enquiries as to the privacy policies of these third parties. We are not responsible for information on, or the privacy practices of, such websites.
Transborder Data Flow
You consent and authorise ECO to transfer your personal information to an organisation or individual outside Australia.
ECO will only transfer personal information to a foreign country for the purpose of providing you with the services of ECO and for carrying out any request you make when you use and interact with the Site.
Personal Information about other People
What happens if you choose not to provide the information
You are not obligated to give us your personal information. However, if you choose not to provide us with your personal information we may not be able to provide you with information about the services offered by ECO or to fulfil one or more other purposes of collection of your personal information.
Sources of information
Where possible ECO will collect your personal information directly from you.
Accuracy of the information
We will take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we hold about you is accurate, complete and up- to- date. You can help keep your personal information up to date and secure by contacting us at [email protected] and by maintaining confidentiality of any password, user name, accounts and profiles used on the Site.
The term “sensitive information” refers to personal information about an individual’s racial or ethnic origin, political or philosophical beliefs or affiliations, trade or professional affiliations, sexual preferences or practices or criminal record and health information.
We do not collect sensitive information unless it is volunteered by you.
Personal Information from children
We do not knowingly collect personal information from individuals under 18 years of age. If you are a parent or guardian, please do not allow your children to submit personal information with out your permission.
You consent to and authorise us to include your personal information in a database compiled by us for use in direct marketing by us. If you do not wish to receive marketing material from us, you can opt-out by contacting [email protected]
All emails, SMS and newsletters from this Site allow you to opt out of further mailings.
If you “opt-out”, we will not be able to remove your personal information from the databases of business partners, affiliates, or third parties which we have already shared your personal information as at the date of your request to opt-out.
Access to your personal information
ECO will, on request, provide you with access to personal information held by ECO about you, subject to any limitations or exceptions in the Act.
ECO will deal with requests for access within a reasonable time. You must pay ECO for reasonable costs incurred by ECO in providing you with access.
If ECO refuses to provide you with access to personal information about you, ECO will provide you with reasons for the refusal, in accordance with the requirements of the Act.
Security of your personal information
We will take all reasonable steps to protect the security of the personal information that we hold. This includes taking appropriate measures to protect electronic materials and materials stored and generated in hard copy. We also take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify your personal information where it is no longer required and to protect your personal information from unauthorized access, disclosure, loss, misuse and alteration.
The Site may use cookie and tracking technology depending on the features offered on the Site. Cookie and tracking technology are useful for gathering information such as browser type and operating system, tracking the number of visitors to the Site, and understanding how visitors use the Site. Cookies can also help customize the Site for visitors. Personal information cannot be collected via cookies and other tracking technology, however, if you previously provided personally identifiable information, cookies may be tied to such information. Aggregate cookie and tracking information may be shared with third parties.
1. recognise your browser each time it visits the Site; and
2. track which pages you visit whilst at the Site.
PRIVACY CONTACT INFORMATION
You may gain access to your personal information, make a complaint about breach of your privacy rights, or make enquiries about collection or use of your personal information by contacting:
Telephone: +61 418 265 818
C/- Pack and Send Bondi Junction
Shop 3, 310 Oxford Street,
NSW 2022, AUSTRALIA
E-mail: [email protected]
© Eye Candy Optics Pty Ltd ACN 622 350 574 . All rights reserved. No part of this site may be reproduced in any manner without the express written permission of ECO.
We reserve the right to make changes to this policy at any time. Any changes to this policy will be posted on the website.